NYC and the surrounding areas are known for harsh winter weather, which makes driving particularly challenging. If you’ve been putting off replacing old or broken auto parts, now is the time in order to combat the hazardous winter driving conditions.
The most important car parts during the winter include:
- Your brake system. This is one of the most important components of safe winter driving. If you need any replacement auto parts for your brake system, it’s important to have this taken care of before you attempt to drive on snow or ice.
- Get a tune-up prior to venturing out for winter driving, and have the mechanic check all belts and hoses. Cold weather can weaken them, meaning you may need replacements.
- Wiper blades should be in perfect condition, to avoid reduced visibility during the winter.
- Does your defrost and heating system work properly? This system is more important than just providing comfort—a defrost system ensures your windshield is clear and free of fog. Reduced visibility accounts for a large percentage of winter driving accidents.
If your vehicle needs any replacement auto parts, contact New York City Auto Salvage and Glass at 718-297-9797. We have a vast range of parts for the systems named above, or any other auto replacement part you may need.
Since we sell quality used parts, not only are you likely to find the part you need, but it’ll be offered at a great price. If we don’t have it at our main location, we have three other salvage yards we can search.
Don’t forget to like New York City Auto Salvage and Glass on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for company updates, special offers on used auto parts and customer support.
Most NYC residents travel to the outer boroughs or New Jersey for car repairs, due to the popularity of auto repair shops, but you may be surprised to learn New Jersey has the highest auto repair costs in the country.
USA Today recently covered the results of a survey, and that’s right—the Garden State is the number one state in the country for the cost of car repairs. It’s not just New Jersey—the same survey showed that the entire Northeast region saw the biggest jump in the cost of auto repairs of all types during 2012.
Due to the rising costs of car repairs, many owners reported putting off small repairs until later, which actually resulted in higher cumulative costs.
Are you experiencing sticker shock for the cost of auto repairs in the NYC area including all 5 boroughs? One great way to combat the costs is by purchasing used auto parts. When you buy used auto parts, you’re getting top quality products, but at a fraction of the cost, so you can significantly reduce the overall cost of car repairs and keep more cash in your pocket.
Call New York City Auto Salvage and Glass at 718-297-9797 and let us know what you’re looking for as we can help with affordable parts and repair. If we don’t have it at our main location, we have three other salvage yards we can search. Whether you need interior, exterior or motor parts and repairs, we’ve got you covered. If you’re interested in hearing the feedback we receive from our satisfied customers, like New York City Auto Salvage and Glass on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for customer feedback, company updates, special offers and information.
Most people dread the day they need to replace a part in their car. It’s not only an inconvenience, but it can also be incredibly expensive. The most expensive replacement car parts include:
- The brake system: A brake system is obviously something that can’t be done without, but replacing it can be a big cost.
- The suspension and steering system: This is what ensures a smooth ride in a vehicle and helps the driver manage the car. When the suspension or steering system isn’t working properly it can be very dangerous.
- The transmission: For many people when their car’s transmission stops working it’s the most stressful. A car can’t function at all when there’s a significant problem with the transmission.
- The heating and air conditioning system: Many times when these systems malfunctions, car owners will put off getting them replaced because they are so expensive, but not having these systems can make driving a car miserable and uncomfortable.
If your car needs any of these replacement parts it’s often best to find used options. Used car parts mean you can enjoy reliability and quality, but with a lower price tag than you’ll find with new car parts. NYC Auto Salvage and Glass has one of the area’s largest selection of top quality used car parts.
Call 718-297-9797 to see if they can get your car back in proper working order. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see what our satisfied customers have to say about our selection of salvage parts.
Many consumers don’t realize that one of the best things they can do for the environment is to take advantage of used auto parts. Sure, when we think of recycling we think of the usual items like glass and plastic, cardboard and paper, but auto parts are also a great thing to recycle. When you use recycled auto parts, you’re not only going to get a great deal in terms of price, but you’re also helping the environment.
People often have the misconception that used auto parts aren’t as good as new parts, but in most cases this isn’t true. Used auto parts are often taken from cars that have been in a collision, and the parts that are recycled typically have endured no impact, meaning they’re in ideal condition. Often, when a car has significant body damage it’s sold for salvage parts, but there may only be a few thousand miles on the engine. Not only can you get a like-new auto part when you buy used, but the prices are on average anywhere from 50-75% less than if the part was purchased new.
If you’re searching for a way to take advantage of deeply discounted auto part prices, contact NYC Auto Salvage and Glass. For more than two decades we’ve been doing our part to provide residents in the New York metro area with access to affordable, quality used auto parts.
Contact us at 718-297-9797 to see how you can do your part to participate in recycling, while also getting a great deal on a vital auto part. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for great deals and to see our feedback from our countless satisfied customers!
Are you striving to find a way to be more environmentally conscious and reduce your impact on the environment? One of the best ways to do just that is by recycling. Certainly that’s not a secret, but many people underestimate the importance of recycling automobile parts. When you’re in the market for a part for your vehicle, it’s often most advantageous to choose a used part. By using an existing car part, you’re conserving resources which would be used to make a new auto part. You’re also eliminating waste from cars that are no longer in use.
What can be better than being eco-friendly during the car repair process? Saving money! Not only does buying used auto parts help the environment, but you’re also going to enjoy significantly lower prices, as compared to new auto parts.
Whether you need an air compressor or side mirrors, New York City Auto Salvage and Glass has it, and everything in between. For almost two decades we’ve been providing the residents of New York City and the surrounding areas with top quality used auto parts, for cars of all types, and helping them be more environmentally friendly at the same time.
We are full of outstanding used auto parts, so contact us at 718-297-9797 to see if we have the part to meet your needs—whether you need interior, exterior or motor parts.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook—you’ll gain access to great deals on used auto parts and learn more about us through our customer feedback.
As the cost of car parts and repairs continues to rise, particularly in New York City, where the cost of living is already extremely high, most car owners are looking for the best ways to save money and keep their car in tip top shape.
Here are a few of the best ways to save money on not only your car repairs, but also the cost of parts:
- Always get your oil changed on schedule—this is one of the best ways to keep your engine healthy and working well.
- Get a preventative check on all the main components of your car at least every six months. Catching problems early is a great way to save money in the long run.
- Purchase used car parts from a reputable dealer like NYC Salvage and Glass. By purchasing your own used car parts, you’re saving a significant amount of money that can be better used for other expenses.
If you’re searching for high-quality used auto parts, call New York City Auto Salvage and Glass at 718-297-9797. We’ve been serving the needs of the residents of New York City for nearly two decades. We offer high-quality parts at deeply discounted prices, as well as a vast selection, so you’re nearly guaranteed to find the part you’re looking for. We’re known as the premier used auto part provider in New York City.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for great deals and updates on everything we have to offer!